Ritchie says marriage is 'fine'


Film director Guy Ritchie has brushed off speculation about his marriage to Madonna in a US magazine interview.

The 39-year-old Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels director told People: "My marriage is fine as far as I'm aware of."

The singer and her spokesperson have repeatedly denied reports that the couple were planning a divorce.

London-born Ritchie told the magazine his marriage to Madonna had enabled him to look at the capital with fresh eyes.

"I was born there and I've seen it change and I know a great deal about it, I'm invested," he told People.

"I live vicariously through my wife, so I was once a spy and now I've become a tourist, and it's much more fun to live in London as a tourist than it is as a spy."

Ritchie was talking to People at a convention in San Diego, California, to promote his new film, London gangster picture RocknRolla, which is due for release in the UK in September and the US in October.

His two most recent films, Swept Away - starring Madonna - and Revolver, were panned by critics.

Meanwhile, Madonna, 49, is in New York rehearsing for her forthcoming world tour, which begins in August.

Ritchie's next film is a version of Sherlock Holmes, starring Robert Downey Jr as the English detective.
BY-BBC NEWS